Sweetchic’s Oscar Night Wrap-Up
Oscar Night! One of my favorite TV nights of the year, and this year more so than any other. Why? Because my husband and I actually watched ALL 10 BEST PICTURE nominees! Even when there used to only be 5 nominees, I don’t think we ever saw more than 2 films off the Best Picture list, so it was quite a feat that we managed all 10. Here is my personal ranking list in order of how much I enjoyed the 10 films:
- Inception – The 1st time I watched this movie, I didn’t want to end; it absolutely blew my mind!
- The Social Network – I’m obsessed with FB, so I found this fascinating!
- The King’s Speech – I knew this film was most Oscar-worthy; Colin deserved his win by a mile
- The Black Swan – This movie would be higher on my list if it wasn’t so darn creepy!!
- The Fighter – I didn’t think I would like this one, but it was surprisingly good and uplifting!
- Toy Story 3 – I’m not a big cartoon person, but this was sweet!
- 127 Hours – So gripping, but it was so intense, I found it hard to watch at times…
- True Grit – Not into Westerns, but this was better than I expected.
- The Kids are All Right – I don’t get all the hype.
- Winter’s Bone – Too serious and depressing!
Also, this was the first time I participated in an Oscar Pool!! It was so much fun to see the website refresh after each award and see my updated ranking. Unfortunately I didn’t win, but I COULD have won with a last minute upset if The Social Network won Best Picture, but oh well…
And onto the Oscar Night FASHION!! My absolute favorite red carpet looks:
Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa was absolute perfection! She is such a pretty 14 year old, and I can imagine little girls everywhere wanting to look just like her.
I was initially on the fence about Mila Kunis in this lavendar Eli Saab, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it!
As for the hostess of the night, I thought Anne Hathaway looked most beautiful in the burgundy Versace and cream Givenchy. I was super excited to see her host, but I thought she and James Franco were a bit underwhelming... There were some weird awkward moments! And some moments that reminded me of cheesy high school talent show emcees!
As for best looking couple of the night, hands down in my opinion was Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves in Dolce & Gabanna. Drop dead gorgeous, the both of them!!
What are your thoughts on Oscar Night? Fashion? Moments? Movies?