Six Ways to Welcome Your Wedding Guests
Many of your guests attend multiple weddings a year, so it’s no surprise that sometimes weddings tend to run together in their minds. How do you make your own event memorable and special? By being thoughtful and making guests feel extra welcome!
1) First, try to avoid the long gap between your ceremony and reception, if possible. This can make guests grouchy (although it is understandable if due to scheduling constraints from your ceremony site/church).
2) Welcome them with a refreshing beverage. Especially on a hot summer day, a glass of cold lemonade or iced tea will be much appreciated. Even ice water infused with cucumber or lemon will do the trick.
3) If your ceremony is outdoors, offer inexpensive paper umbrellas to give them a bit of shade.
4) Bonus points: if your wedding is outdoors, don’t forget the bug spray! No one wants to take home a wedding favor of red itchy bumps.
5) For a fall or winter wedding, offer cozy shawls (in your color scheme!) for the ladies to keep them warm and comfortable.
6) Many ladies wear their tallest, most glamorous high heels to a wedding… so they will be grateful for a basket of flip flops to keep them on the dance floor all night long.
It may be your big day, but it is also important to keep the comfort and convenience of your guests in mind throughout the planning process. A considerate bride and groom almost always equals happy wedding guests!